This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links, with no additional cost to you.
- Soaps: sodium laureth sulfate - chemical used to remove car grease off floors. It can be damaging to the skin and disruptive to immune and hormonal health.
- Shampoos: phthalates - banned in children's toys, but still used in cleansing products. It is a known endocrine disruptor and very hard for the body to break down.
- Candles and Air fresheners: Formaldehyde - #1 cancer causing chemical. This is what they use to embalm at the morgue....
- Household cleaners: 2-butoxyethanol - known to cause sore throat, narcosis, severe liver and kidney damage.
- Laundry detergents and dryer sheets: alpha-terpineol, benzyl alcohol, and camphor - all cause central nervous system disorders, loss of muscular coordination, central nervous system depression, headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Fragrance: a broad category that hides hundreds of chemicals. Fun fact. Companies are not required to reveal the actual chemicals in each "fragrance", keeping the public in the dark about what the true toxicity of the products are.
- Talc, bismuth, parabens, lead, mercury, and mineral oil: all found in store bought skin care and makeup products. They can disrupt the endocrine system, are highly carcinogenic, and have even been found in tumors.
- Soften Shea butter (l like to use a double broiler)
- Mix coconut oil into butter until fluffy (about 15 min)
- Stir in essential oils. I use 15-20 drops of Frankincense, Lavender, and Geranium
- Store in glass container
Wanting a community to lean into? Join the FREE Courageous + Purposeful Mommas group! This community is for the Mommas, mommas to be, in the midst of raising, and kids grown, looking for tips on building your family up and providing for them through natural methods. Tips include: gardening, bulk buying, caning,/preserving, livestock, homesteading, and home remedies. Your family is precious, and this group is to help you gain the knowledge and tools to keep your family well and not reliant on outside professionals. Remedies and tips are easy and simple for the busy momma, time is precious after all, including pregnancy, birth, young kids, and illness. Trust your Momma gut again! This community offers the resources + community you need to help get started on your journey and prepare for whatever future you envision.
Click here to get the stories straight to your email:
For more on wellness tips click here:
For more on homesteading on your budget click here:
For more simple DIY updates click here: